- Five variable temperature settings from 80 degrees Celsius to boiling for optimal tea and coffee
- Soft open cushioned control lid prevents splash back from hot condensed water
- Keep warm function keeps the kettle ready for 20 minutes for another cuppa
- Clear, easy-view, dual-sided water windows make it easy to see water levels
- Wide opening lid offers easy access for cleaning
Release Date: 2013-05-14
Warranty: 1 year replacement.
Did you know that the temperature of the water you pour over your tea can directly affect its taste? Water that's too hot can scald the leaves and leave your tea tasting bitter or astringent. Water that's not hot enough won't bring out the full flavour. The boffins at Sage have developed the Sage Smart Kettle to get the best out of your brew every time.
With one-touch settings from 80-100° C to heat water to the optimal temperature for green, white, black and oolong teas - there's even a 95°C setting for coffee lovers too. And you'll also find recommended temperatures in the instruction booklet for a whole host of other teas - everything from apple tea to wulong tea. Heating rapidly thanks to its 3kW element, when the water reaches the desired temperature, the kettle switches itself off. And, if you're not quite ready to pour, it will keep the water at your selected temperature for up to 20 minutes.
- Start and cancel functions.
- Dual water-viewing windows.
- Auto shut-off and boil-dry protection.
- Removable washable filter.
- Ergonomic handle and soft-opening lid.
- Cord storage in base.
Model No. BKE820UK
1.7 litre. 3000W.