Below you will find some tips, tricks and hacks to making the most of your small space:
- Light colors will make the room feel larger, if that is what you are going or hoping for. Not just light paint, but bright and light furniture and décor will help enhance this as well and will really brighten up the space.
- If you are accepting the space for what it is, make a statement with darker and more bold colours.
- You may have to part with your precious queen size bed and trade it in for something a little bit smaller. Don’t worry though, this isn’t a downgrade as much as it is an upgrade to space savvy and practical solutions. https://www.furnitureheaven.co/collections/beds/products/caspian-ottoman-gas-lift-up-storage-bed-white-4ft6-double is a great option for storage and comfort!
- Mirrors create the illusion of bigger spaces. Having a few mirrors of varying sizes can help really make a room feel larger.
- Built in shelves and units are a great way to add storage without sacrificing even an inch of space.
- Why stick to a headboard when your whole wall could be your headboard? There are great DIY tutorials out there on how to take the wall behind your bed to the next level.
- A daybed is a great option if you live in a studio apartment or if your small bedroom doubles as a guest space or office, that way it can be seating during the day for guests or visitors.
- Wall space is limited, so use the window as your headboard in order to allow you to use the wallspace for shelves, décor or anything else you should want
- There are many headboards that offer lights built in, removing the need for lamps and tables to put them on.
- Use curtains to create a divide between your bed and the rest of the room, creating the illusion of more space and allowing the rest of the room to be used to your liking.
- A small corner desk can be a nightstand and a desk all in one!
- Wall mounted lighting takes up significantly less space than table or floor lamps.
- If there is a closet in your room, use mirrors on the doors to create a larger feeling space.
- Drawers or bins under your bed can eliminate the need for things like a dresser or obtrusive storage components and are easily hidden or tucked away.
- Wallpaper is a great way to make a space feel inviting, cozy and make a real statement.
Product Of The Week: Caspian Ottoman Gas Lift Up Storage Bed - White 4ft6 Double